This website is a collaboration of Flowers Canada Growers (FCG), the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA),the Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland), Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada’s (AAFC) Pest Management Center (PMC).
A national floriculture pesticide risk reduction working group was established by the pesticide Risk Reduction program of the PMC. Through discussions of this working group, the need for consolidated, user-friendly information was identified as an important step towards achieving pesticide risk reduction in greenhouses.
GreenhouseIPM.org will serve both floriculture and vegetable greenhouse sectors by:
- assisting greenhouse workers to effectively identify and use proven IPM and biocontrol approaches
- providing Canada-wide online tutorials and information sharing sessions
- providing an independent, non profit driven information resource that improves productivity and the economic bottom-line for growers while helping to reduce pesticide risk and promote sustainability.
We have tried to verify all information on GreenhouseIPM.org and have provided references. The references are not intended as an extensive Literature Review, but as confirmation of key pieces of information.
An advantage of presenting information in the electronic media, is that it allows it to be updated as new pests emerge, new BCAs are developed and new research adds to our bank of knowledge. We plan to maintain and update this site on a regular basis. To provide feedback and suggestions for improvement, contact the administrators. Contributions to the site will be acknowledged.
Website Development Working Group:
- Cary Gates, FCG Pest Management Director, Project Manager
- Michael Brownbridge, Research Director, Horticultural Production Systems, Vineland
- Rose Buitenhuis, Research Scientist, Biological Control, Vineland
- Gillian Ferguson, Greenhouse Vegetable IPM Specialist, OMAFRA (retired)
- Graeme Murphy, IPM Specialist, BioLogical Control Solutions
- Sarah Jandricic, Greenhouse Floriculture IPM Specialist, OMAFRA
The GreenhouseIPM.org website was developed with financial support from the International Organization of Biological Control (IOBC) – Nearctic Regional Section, the Pesticide Risk Reduction Program via strategy implementation project PRR10-230, and Ontario Farm and Innovation Program via Project #0066.